STICKY HONEY TURMERIC CHAI
Our Sticky Honey Turmeric Chai loose leaf tea gives you all the healthy benefits of turmeric and honey in a delicious hot drink.
Brewed in milk, this rich turmeric chai has all the traditional chai spice flavour but with the added boost of golden turmeric and a delicious dollop of sweet raw honey.
Also available here unsweetened.
Turmeric is the root of a flowering plant from the ginger family and is a popular spice used in both cooking and medicine.
It contains a beneficial chemical called curcumin, which is well known for it's anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Each bag of our Golden Turmeric chai contains a healthy serving of ground turmeric powder, and we also add whole ground black pepper to enhance the absorption of curcumin in our body.
The base of our Turmeric chai is a single blend black tea, grown on a plantation in tropical far north Queensland. Here it has been harvested and packed by the same family since 1978.
- Grown without the use of pesticides, this tea contains no pesticide residue.
- Low in tannin, this tea can be brewed for a long time without turning bitter.
- Low in caffeine, enjoy your chai at any time of the day.
How to brew your Turmeric Chai:
Chai is traditionally brewed in a small saucepan on a stovetop before straining into cups.
Traditional Chai brewing method:
- In a small saucepan, bring almost to the boil 1 1/4 cups of your preferred milk (cow, soy, almond, coconut etc).
- Stir in one heaped teaspoon of chai and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Brew for 2-3 minutes before straining into a cup.
For a quick cuppa:
- Add one heaped teaspoon per serve to your teapot or strainer.
- Pour over freshly boiled water and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve with milk of choice.
Black loose leaf tea, Raw Honey, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel & Coriander Seeds, Black Peppercorns & Ginger.