Raw Alpaca Fleece Tops For Spinning and Felting Mid-Light Fawn
100% Naturally Coloured Alpaca - 100g
- Our hand-combed alpaca tops are very easy to spin or felt.
- Only the very best part of the fleece, the saddle part, has been used.
- Our fleeces have not undergone any chemical treatments or processes, either before or after shearing.
- Alpaca can be blended with other fibres to enhance colour and softness.
- Available in several, beautifully natural coloured shades.
HOW WE PROCESS OUR COMBED TOP
Our combed tops are processed by hand right here on the farm using a comb and hackle set.
You may find a small amount of vegetable matter but what doesn't fall out can easily be picked out as you spin.
NB: Please note that this fleece is unwashed (unless otherwise stated) as most spinners prefer to spin alpaca raw and wash after plying. This allows the yarn to bloom naturally for a beautifully soft and squishy finish.
BUYING MORE THAN ONE LOT?
Please contact us before checkout to receive a combined order discount code!
WHY CHOOSE ALPACA?
- Known as the fibre of the Gods, alpaca is soft, durable and silky to the touch.
- It's naturally hypoallergenic, making it suitable for making baby items and garments for those with sensitive skin.
- Although alpaca is very lightweight, it's three times warmer than sheep's wool and resists pilling.
- Alpaca is lovely to spin and knits up beautifully. It also felts very quickly and is particularly suitable for creating lightweight, felted fabrics.