AUTHENTIC MASALA CHAI
Our very first tea, this Masala Chai was developed over several years of testing using a combination of traditional chai recipes.
It contains eight freshly ground spices that combine to create a deliciously spicy and sweet Masala chai.
This tea goes beautifully with our delicious raw honey.
Originating in India, chai was consumed as an ancient Ayurveda herbal medicine and consisted of just milk and spices. It wasn't until the arrival of the British in the early 1820s that black tea was added to the mix, and it's this version that is now enjoyed worldwide.
- Australian grown, pesticide-free tea
- Low in tannin, can be brewed for a long time without turning bitter
- Low in caffeine
- Biodegradable and recyclable packaging
Black Tea loose leaf tea, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel & Coriander Seeds, Black Peppercorns & Ginger.
We use a single blend black tea from a plantation in tropical far north Queensland, where it's been grown, harvested and packed on the property by the same family since 1978.
How to brew
Chai is traditionally brewed in a small saucepan on a stovetop, strained into cups and sweetened with honey.
Traditional Chai brewing method:
- In a small saucepan, bring almost to the boil 1 1/4 cups of your preferred milk (cow, soy, almond, coconut etc).
- Stir in one heaped teaspoon of chai and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Brew for 2-3 minutes before straining into a cup. Add sweetener if desired.
For a quick cuppa:
- Add one heaped teaspoon per serve to your teapot or strainer.
- Pour over freshly boiled water and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve with milk and sweetener if desired.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
I’m sorry I can’t give an opinion on the Chai Tea because it is a Christmas gift. The aroma emanating from the wrapped present is glorious. What I can comment on is the ease of ordering and timely delivery.
Love it, taste is great, smells even better.
Found it quite delicious.
I love drinking the masala chai black : be it morning, noon or night