GOLDEN TURMERIC CHAI 50g - 110g
Unsweetened or blended with our Raw Honey
Our Golden Turmeric Chai loose leaf tea gives you all the healthy benefits of turmeric in a delicious hot drink.
Brewed in milk, this rich Turmeric chai has all the traditional chai spice flavour but with the added boost of golden turmeric.
Choose to have your tea unsweetened or blended with our delicious raw honey.
Turmeric is the root of a flowering plant from the ginger family and is a popular spice used in both cooking and medicine.
It contains a beneficial chemical called curcumin, which is well known for it's anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Each bag of our Golden Turmeric chai contains a healthy serving of ground turmeric powder, and we also add whole ground black pepper to enhance the absorption of curcumin in our body.
The base of our Turmeric chai is a single blend black tea, grown on a plantation in tropical far north Queensland. Here it has been harvested and packed by the same family since 1978.
- Grown without the use of pesticides, this tea contains no pesticide residue.
- Low in tannin, this tea can be brewed for a long time without turning bitter.
- Low in caffeine, enjoy your chai at any time of the day.
How to brew your Turmeric Chai:
Chai is traditionally brewed in a small saucepan on a stovetop, strained into cups and sweetened with honey.
Traditional Chai brewing method:
- In a small saucepan, bring almost to the boil 1 1/4 cups of your preferred milk (cow, soy, almond, coconut etc).
- Stir in one heaped teaspoon of chai and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Brew for 2-3 minutes before straining into a cup. Add extra sweetener if desired.
For a quick cuppa:
- Add one heaped teaspoon per serve to your teapot or strainer.
- Pour over freshly boiled water and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve with milk and add extra sweetener if desired.
Tumeric Chai - Unsweetened 50g:
Black Tea loose leaf tea, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel & Coriander Seeds, Black Peppercorns & Ginger.
Turmeric Chai - Honey Infused 110g:
Black Tea loose leaf tea, Raw Honey, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel & Coriander Seeds, Black Peppercorns & Ginger.