CHILLI CHAI - 50g
Do you like a little spice in your life?
Our Chilli Chai is the perfect hot drink for those cold winter nights; the mild chilli heat will get you warm all over!
The addition of red chilli flakes gives this traditional chai an extra little kick, but just enough to get that lovely warm sensation as the tea goes down.
We pack and post our Chilli Chai in plastic-free, eco-friendly packaging.
The base of our Chilli Chai is a single blend black tea, grown on a plantation in tropical far north Queensland. Here it has been harvested and packed by the same family since 1978.
- Grown without the use of pesticides, this tea contains no pesticide residue.
- Low in tannin, this tea can be brewed for a long time without turning bitter.
- Low in caffeine, enjoy your chai at any time of the day.
How to brew your Chilli Chai:
Chai is traditionally brewed in a small saucepan on a stovetop, strained into cups and sweetened with honey.
Traditional Chai brewing method:
- In a small saucepan, bring almost to the boil 1 1/4 cups of your preferred milk (cow, soy, almond, coconut etc).
- Stir in one heaped teaspoon of chai and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Brew for 2-3 minutes before straining into a cup. Add sweetener if desired.
For a quick cuppa:
- Add one heaped teaspoon per serve to your teapot or strainer.
- Pour over freshly boiled water and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve with milk and sweetener if desired.
Chilli Chai Ingredients:
Loose-Leaf Black Tea, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel & Coriander Seeds, Black Peppercorns, Red Chilli Flakes & Ginger.