GOLDEN TURMERIC CHAI
Brewed in milk, this rich Turmeric chai has all the traditional chai spice flavour but with the added boost of golden turmeric.
Turmeric is the root of a flowering plant from the ginger family and is a popular spice used in both cooking and medicine.
It contains curcumin which is well known for its beneficial properties. We also add whole ground black peppercorns to aid the absorption of curcumin into our body.
The base of our Turmeric chai is a single blend black tea, grown on a plantation in tropical far north Queensland. Here it has been harvested and packed by the same family since 1978.
- Grown without the use of pesticides, this tea contains no pesticide residue.
- Low in tannin, this tea can be brewed for a long time without turning bitter.
- Low in caffeine, enjoy your chai at any time of the day.
How to brew your Turmeric Chai:
Chai is traditionally brewed in a small saucepan on a stovetop, strained into cups and sweetened with honey.
Traditional Chai brewing method:
- In a small saucepan, bring almost to the boil 1 1/4 cups of your preferred milk (cow, soy, almond, coconut etc).
- Stir in one heaped teaspoon of chai and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Brew for 2-3 minutes before straining into a cup. Add sweetener if desired.
For a quick cuppa:
- Add one heaped teaspoon per serve to your teapot or strainer.
- Pour over freshly boiled water and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve with milk and add extra sweetener if desired.
Black loose leaf tea, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel & Coriander Seeds, Turmeric, Black Peppercorns & Ginger.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Love the sweet and sticky Turmeric chai tea, its just heaven in a cup. I make mine on almond milk and pop cracked black pepper on the top. Its so warming . I use this tea as my reward for my days work. Its like magic in a cup so up lifting!!! Thank you. ITS JUST BEAUTIFUL.
This tea has a lot to recommend it the aroma is devine and therapeutic in itself. A little too weak for me even if steeped longer or extra leaves added.
My absolute favorite. Love the aroma.
Long time habit adding tumeric mix to my morning tea bag. Now it’s done for me with Golden Tumeric Chai. Thrilled to have found this original mix.