CACAO CHAI - NEW RECIPE!
Looking for a guilt-free chocolatey treat? Yes please!
We've blended raw cacao, traditional chai spices and Australian grown loose-leaf tea to create a healthy chai with a subtle chocolate taste that's just made for your drinking pleasure!
Delicious brewed on milk and sweetened with honey.
- Naturally low in caffeine
- No fillers
- No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Made with Australian tea
- Low in tannin
- Recyclable, plastic-free packaging
Australian Loose-Leaf Black Tea, *Organic Raw Cacao, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Star Anise, Fennel Seeds, Coriander Seeds, Black Peppercorns, Ginger.
*Raw cacao is packed with antioxidants and also contains magnesium, calcium, zinc, copper and selenium.
We use a single blend black tea from a plantation in tropical far north Queensland, where it's been grown, harvested and packed on the property by the same family since 1978.
How to brew
Chai is traditionally brewed in a small saucepan on a stovetop, strained into cups and sweetened with honey.
Traditional Chai brewing method
- In a small saucepan, bring almost to the boil 1 1/4 cups of your preferred milk (cow, soy, almond, coconut etc).
- Stir in one heaped teaspoon of chai and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Brew for 2-3 minutes before straining into a cup. Add sweetener if desired.
For a quick cuppa
- Add one heaped teaspoon per serve to your teapot or strainer.
- Pour over freshly boiled water and allow to steep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and serve with milk and honey if desired.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
As I opened my mail box I could smell the fragrant chai spices wafting out of the package and yet the package was intact. By the time we enjoyed our first brew, the house smelled like an Indian tea house. We were addicted at first sip. Heavenly.
I was surprised how it was like having a hot chocolate before bed with herbs and spices. Great for a little indulgence.
I expected the chocolate to shine through more. I thought that the spices overpowered the chocolate somewhat....but quite pleasant nonetheless.
The flavour is unique and just beautiful
I found this yummy Dark Chocolate Chai whilst on the hunt for a new chai supplier when I bought Collombatti Naturals’ gift pack of all their teas. Oh my! I hope they never stop making this tea. It is certainly full of deliciousness and is an absolute favourite.