*This item qualifies for free shipping*
DELUXE BEESWAX REUSABLE FOOD WRAP KIT
RESIN-FREE PREMIXED BLOCKS - 200g Kit
Make a start towards a healthier you and a healthier planet by quitting the use of single-use plastic and replacing it with your handmade beeswax wraps.
- This beeswax wrap mix contains only two natural, low-allergy ingredients; our raw beeswax and organic coconut oil.
- An economical alternative to buying ready-made wraps and you get to choose your colours and sizes!
- No double boilers or other fancy equipment required so there’s minimal clean-up afterwards.
- These premixed blocks are ready to use, no additional ingredients required.
- Can also be used to re-wax your existing food wraps.
- Easy to follow instructions included.
- This kit is entirely plastic-free, as it should be :)
Each kit contains 2 x 100g premixed wrap blocks, a bamboo knife to shave the wax and 2 small 100% cotton squares to get you started (colours sent randomly).
This kit contains enough mix to make approximately 18+ small wraps (12 x 12 cm), or 9+ medium-sized wraps (24 x 24 cm) or 5-6 large wraps (40 cm x 40 cm). The total amount could be more or less depending on the thickness of the material used.
Why use Beeswax Wraps?
Single-use plastic is an environmental disaster and has a huge toxic impact on humans, animals, waterways and the ocean. Worldwide reliance on plastic is overwhelming our planet, by 2050 our oceans will contain more plastic by weight than fish!
Beeswax wraps are an environmentally friendly alternative that can be used for 6-12 months and then either re-waxed or composted at the end of their life.
Why no resin/rosin?
This mix is resin-free so will suit allergy sufferers and for those that wish to avoid resin due to possible food safety issues.
These blocks can also be used in your sewing basket for running over embroidery threads, on spinning wheel drive belts, and in archery on your bowstrings to add tackiness.