BEESWAX THREAD CONDITIONER
Get the best out of your sewing threads with our natural Beeswax Thread Conditioner, must-have addition to anyone's sewing basket but especially the needlepoint enthusiast.
Unlike commercially made thread conditioners, our Beeswax Thread Conditioner is free from chemicals and petroleum-based paraffin waxes.
- Made with our fresh, honey-scented beeswax, making it safe for all applications.
- Easy to use. simply guide your sewing thread over the top of the beeswax to strengthen, straighten and smooth the threads.
- Each little flower weighs approximately 5g and will last for a long time.
- Packaged in a resealable tin so your thread conditioner will always be easy to find and will stay clean between uses.
What is a thread conditioner?
A Thread Conditioner is applied to sewing thread or floss to give a protective coating that helps strengthen, smooth and reduce tangling and knotting.
For needlework such as embroidery and cross-stitch, applying thread conditioner can help keep the thread smooth.
Some embroidery threads, especially metallic threads, can become easier to handle after using a Beeswax Thread Conditioner.
It can also make threading needles a lot easier!
How to use:
- Remove the thread conditioner from its container.
- Lay the end of the thread over the top of the beeswax flower and hold it in place with your thumb.
- Pull the entire length of thread through, running it over the top of the beeswax.
- Then, placing the thread between your index finger and thumb, pull the thread through to spread a thin coating of beeswax evenly along the entire length.
- When not in use, store your thread conditioner in its container to keep it clean.